Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dollywood's Splash Country

After our whitewater rafting adventure, we decided to have a somewhat calmer adventure on Wednesday and headed to Dollywood's Splash Country. Since Matt isn't quite ready to tackle the big slides yet, Rob was thrilled to have the "big boys" to play with. As Matt and I headed off to The Cascades, he asked where his dad was and I told him that I didn't think we'd see a lot of Dad that day. :)

There were two raft rides that pretty much everyone went on. Here you see Rob at the bottom of the first one, with my niece Angela (on the left) and my sister Sherry (on the right). My great-nephew Brandon had chosen me to ride along in his raft and Matt chose his cousins Shane and Chase to ride in his. It was a wild ride!

Here, Rob waits in line for one of the raft rides. Isn't he handsome?

Why walk when you can get someone to give you a ride? Brandon convinced Shane to carry him while we waited in line for the raft. Amazing how a 4-year-old can wrap everyone around his finger...


Here are Matt and Rob, with my nephew Chase, arriving at the bottom of the second raft ride. Again, it was a fabulous ride and if the lines weren't so long I'm sure we would have done both raft rides multiple times.


The Cascades area had some perfect kid-sized slides and the pool topped out at 3.5 feet. Here Matt's about to splash down the end of the slide into the pool. He had a great time in this area.


Aunt Deb gave Matt some swimming lessons in the pool. He's practicing his swimming strokes here. He just needs to get a little more confident in the water.


The wave pool was another big hit. Here Matt braces to battle the waves.

Still to come: Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure golf, family pictures, and hiking in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park.

1 comment:

Harvey J. Arbuckle IV said...

I think you need to post a map with your route highlighted for the big trip.