Monday, August 11, 2008

Wall Drug

A trip to South Dakota just isn't complete without a stop at the famous Wall Drug Store. We made a special trip, driving about an hour and a half, so that we could experience it for ourselves. I think Matt was most impressed with all of the things in the back yard, especially the life-sized t-rex. You can check out more pictures from Wall at http://picasaweb.google.com/debdistante/WallDrug.

Wall is famous for it's jackalopes, a cross between a jack rabbit and an antelope. We were thrilled to get the opportunity to mount up and ride one while we were there. Matt wasn't sure I could handle such an animal on my own so he graciously agreed to ride with me.


Rob even mounted up and went for a ride.

That pioneer doesn't look to worried, in spite of the look on that Indian's face. I might be a little more worried if I were him...

This is the only way I'll end up with a new papoose...

"Um, exactly what is that behind me???"

All in all, it was an interesting experience. I scored some nice jewelry, including some Christmas presents, but still struck out on my moccasins. It appears that there is a possibility that the company no longer makes the ones that I want any more. Which sucks.


No comments: